Thursday, October 18, 2007

Moving On...


Last night my dad's sister Julie passed away. She was only in her 50's and still has 2 children in middle and high school. She has been suffering with cancer for over 3 years now but it didn't spread into her brain until recently. 2 days ago me, my dad, and my mom went to visit her, we figured she still had a few months left, but with the brain tumors spreading we knew she wouldn't be herself. I am so grateful for not procrastinating. We got the call around midnight last night and it woke me up, it just felt like a bad dream or something. It just made me realize how we need to live in the moment, because you never know when that moment will be gone! We need to show love to all those around us ALWAYS, because that may be the last time you see them. I know she is in a happier place seeing her parents and all the other relatives that have passed before her, but it is still hard for those of us left here.

7 comments:

Jer & Mick said...

Oh my gosh, thats so sad. Poor D.J. My heart hurts for their family. On a lighter note, i had all 4 years of school paid for too and i only did 2. But i'm alot happier not going!

Meghan Ence said...

I'm sorry about your loss. That's wonderful that you had a chance to spend time with her before she passed. It's so important to always show love for those you care about. You never know what could happen. The 27th sounds so fun! Let me know if you need me to bring anything. Also, Mitch and I would love to play you guys in tennis. Next time me and Erin go play, we'll call you to come!!!

The Hamlin Family said...

So true...it's things like this that make us realize what's important in life and to be grateful for EVERYTHING and EVERYONE...because, like you said...you never know what might happen and when.

The Hamlin Family said...

oops...accidentally hit publish. Just wanted to add that I'm sorry about your loss in your family!!!

Jer & Mick said...

hey when is the wedding?? just curious, somebody else want me to make a birthday cake and i think it may be the same day...but yeah about this weekend, i'm not sure if we are going to be able to come, but i'll let ya know.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

o mal o mal, i cant stand the wait it is so hard, but she will for sure be here friday and I taught clint how to post stuff so he will put some pics up asap

Levi and Amanda said...

Hey Mal, we will be there! Sounds like a blast...