Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who says we don't have kids?


So our precious little puppy Zoey did the craziest thing last week that I must share with you all. She loves stuffed animals, she loves them so much that she rips them to shreds. She knows exactly where the seams are and she will patiently pick at them until she finds her in and then rip out every last bit of stuffing. After cleaning up several of these instances I wanted to discontinue stuffed animals in our home but Kade thought it was the funniest thing ever (since he didn't have to clean it up) so he kept sneaking her some of her favorite toys! Sidenote: For those of you who have kids is this how it is? He loves her so much he gives her what she wants when I'm not looking? I'm assuming so and I'm not looking forward to that. ANYWAY a little while ago she found her alligator (one of the few survivors from Christmas) and ripped into it. I saw she was having fun and had already made a mess so I decided to clean the kitchen before I tackled her disaster. When I returned to the family room I found most of the stuffing had disappeared! What the...!!!!! Yep, she ate it! Almost an entire stuffed animal's worth of cotton stuffing. Zoey had cotton balls coming out both ends for 3 days and 3 nights! Needless to say that was the straw that broke the camels back and Kade and I are in agreement that Zoey doesn't get anymore stuffed animals! For those of you who have been trying to convince us to have kids, we ask, "Why? We already have one!"

5 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

So sad...no more stuffed toys for Zoey. I'm sure she's sad too!!! Guys usually learn things like that the hard way. Anyways, YES you need to have kids...(so our kids can be buds)...but on the other hand...you can just help me when #3 gets here...(because I'm definitely going to need it)!!! So, I won't hound you too much because I'm going to need you!!!

Sarah said...

Pets are the same, no hurry for kids. I know, I will be the bad friend for putting that on here. When it's right, it's right!

Shelly said...

Ha ha! that is hilarious! I am sorry that is probably not the best thing to clean up, but it is definitely going to be like that when you have kids! i love little Zoey! I miss her

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

How fun are you. I know I have so many pictures of just MOlly cuz I am home alot and its hard to get pictures of the 2 of us. i do have great inlaws. Zoey is so cute She looks a lot bigger on the computer than in person.

Jer & Mick said...

Oh Zoey has such great parents! Thats kind of funny she ate cotton balls. btw i tagged you.