Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Riding

 


So, this last weekend was an interesting one. Kade decided last minute to go to the beach house with his dad and brother. I got the invite but I didn't really want to leave on such short notice and figured the boys could have a fun "guy weekend" without me so I stayed home. I am so grateful for the relationship Kade and I have. We love being together but we are both fine with separate time too. We don't have to be conjoined to have fun. Anyway, I stayed home and my brother and parents talked me into spending the weekend at their house so Zoey and I had a sleep over at my parents which is exactly 4 minutes away from our own house! Haha! It actually was really fun though. I stayed in my old room and just spent quality time with my parents and little bro. So anyone that knows my family very well knows that we love our dirt bikes. I got my first bike when I was about 8, and learned to drive a clutch a few years later. We used to ride all the time as a fam (and with awesome friends Crys :) and Liz and I have tonz of motorcycle memories but poor Hunter is at the end and by the time he was old enough to ride we were all so busy we weren't riding as much so he actually never learned to drive a clutch. So this Saturday was the day. My dad and I took him out front and taught him the ropes. Then we rode to the desert and got some practice in and rode a few trails. I haven't riden for a while and it felt really good to just be careless and ride fast. I love the feel of the wind and the exhileration of being free. How cliche but oh well. Kade had fun in San Diego too and Zoey and I were very excited to welcome him home!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Hatch's said...

Those were the good old days! Camping and getting into all of the FOOD! ahaha I miss riding!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

holy cow how fun. I remember riding in that field that is now to the side of your house or WAS now with the houses it is gone and that old guy would get SOOOO mad. looks like fun

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

I have been to that exact place in Japan!! I even have a picture from the same spot you took yours!! Too funny. Anyway, I am tagging you. Take a look at my site to know what that means.

Aleisha said...

Hey

I can't believe Hunter has grown up in your family and hasn't learned to drive clutch yet! He must be the youngest :) You talking about riding brought back childhood memories for me (funny because I never went with you) but you guys obviously talked about it enough that I remember it vividly! How fun to be be able to go home for a weekend. I bet your parents loved it.

~Leisha

Jocee said...

I've just got to say, I love your hair blonde! I don't know why, but I think it looks amazing. Of course, me personally, I prefer blonde over brown. You look awesome in your pics! I'm jealous of all the places you've been.

Dixie State Volleyball said...

Ah man you went riding without me??? I wanna go so bad...