Monday, November 5, 2007

Consecutive State Championships!





So maybe some of you will think that I am a little obsessed with my lil' sis but I can't help it that she is INCREDIBLE! On Saturday she led her team to their 2nd straight State Championship. Last year they played Dixie for the championship in the 3A class, this year they played Dixie in the 4A class. She played amazing the whole tournament but in the state game she had 24 KILLS! For those of you who are not volleyball savvy, that means when she hit the ball it hit the floor. She is so good and athletic. Last year she was awarded the 3A State MVP award and though there have been no official announcements we are pretty sure she will get the same award in her 4A victory! It was an amazing weekend and my whole family had a blast. After all was said and done we all felt sick. We were soar all over from the tension and adrenaline and our throats hurt, but dang it was worth it. I screamed so loud and cheered those girls on all the way through. I feel so blessed to be able to share in their joy in this awesome accomplishment. If you see any of the awesome girls from the Snow Canyon Volleyball team tell them congratulations because they all deserve it! WARRIOR NATION!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Meghan Ence said...

Way to go SC! I checked the internet on Saturday night to make sure they won! That's so exciting for you sister. She's is so talented. What a way to end her high school volleyball career. It's always more special too when you beat Dixie! Congrats to your sister and the team!

photography by Mikki said...

Mal! I can't believe they got it 2 in a row! That is amazing- Go Warriors... gosh it makes me want to play again!

The Hamlin Family said...

Congrats to Snow Canyon and your sister. What a little athlete she is!!! It sounds like she has accomplished so much in her high school career. That's awesome...and there will be many more awesome accomplishments to come in college...way to go!!! PS...I'll have to go watch some basketball games now...because that's what I understand better!!! HAHAHA!!

photography by Mikki said...

Hey Mal- I would love to do the McAthur Family photos. Let me know your email and I'll forward the price list over to you. I've got 3pm on Nov. 17th open, and my weekends in December are all open (Except for 29th-wedding), so let me know what Saturdays will work for you and your family and we'll go from there! Thanks Mal-
(my email is: mickleigh11@hotmail.com if that is better for all of this)

Kim said...

Boo Freakin Ya! Go warriors. I wasnt plannin on going up to it but when as soon as i found out we were going against dixie again i loaded up the car and was on my way. I love Liz, since i am doin the freshman team i dont get to be with those varsity girls everday and I already am sad and miss them and its only been three days.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

WoW! Libby is so grown up I cant believe it! Well we are really lucky to have such a good little girl, but the delivery was way better than I expected. I thought it would be so scary and difficult, but let me tell you EPIDERAL all the way. Once I got the epideral it was smooth sailing, it really was very simple and not too painful. I had a good dr. and my nurses were great. I think them breaking my water hurt worse than actually delivering the baby. It is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. She is so totally worth it let me tell you.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Tag: I tag you just look at my blog for the instructions

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

you can see the real live molly whenever you would like. She is getting huge, but she is still so tiny we got her pictures down today and it was so much fun and they turned out so cute. Wahoo! Now its your turn to have one!