Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So it's been a while...

Well, here I am. Not that anyone but Liz is reading this anyway. I'm guessing everyone gave up on me, which I don't blame them for at all. So, what have we been up to the last few months... Mostly I have been following my sister and her team around the country watching them play volleyball. They actually had an incredible season this year. The beat Hawaii, who was ranked I think 3rd in the COUNTRY at the time, in the WAC Championship which was incredible! They were the total under-dogs and it felt just like it did when Liz won the state championship for the first time, ok maybe this was even a little more exciting. It was broadcast on ESPNU and if you watched it you probably saw Kade lifting Liz up on his shoulders after the victory! Those two... Then to top off the whole thing Liz was named the MVP! So awesome! Anyway, after that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving on the beautiful sunny beach down in Encinitas and then I went to UC Berkeley with my parents to watch Liz play in her first NCAA tournament appearance. That one was a loss but it was still amazing just to get there. I am so proud of that girl. I keep praying that our children will somehow get her athletic genes through me. One can dream right? Well, I guess that's all for now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season so far. I LOVE this time of year!




11 comments:

Tom and Allison said...

Congratulations to Liz on the amazing year and thanks Malorie for keeping us informed on your great family!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

I havnt given up on you just yet:) actually I have been thinking about you a lot. Miss ya

Mykelle said...

i am here reading this crassy blog mal. and i have been missing you guys. i watched liz's game on tv and my favorite part was that serve that hit the 10ft line.. my dad went back and recorded it for her. so when are you going to invite me over to play some veeb?? please just do it soon, chag. ok thanks!
love,
malif

The Camps said...

hey I didn't give up on you! Go LIZ, thats awesome she did so well!

The Hatch's said...

I haven't given up on you yet either! That's so exciting for Liz!

The Hatch's said...

I haven't given up on you yet either! That's so exciting for Liz!

Whitnee said...

oh malie...how we love you! And like Mykelle said we've got her serve all recorded and ready to go!
Do let us know when you guys play! We're dying to get some game on with you guys! Hope everything else is going well, Mal!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Hey! I read this every time you post, which btw, isn't often enough! Congrats to Liz. Can we get her athletic genes to come to our kids as well? And I want to see the pic of Liz jumping like 6 feet in the air! Jos said it was amazing!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Hey! I read this every time you post, which btw, isn't often enough! Congrats to Liz. Can we get her athletic genes to come to our kids as well? And I want to see the pic of Liz jumping like 6 feet in the air! Jos said it was amazing!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Oh, and p.s.... Kurt had a dream last night that your Dad kid-napped him to take a vacation. He thought it was weird. :-)

Kyler and Hillary said...

no way I could give up on this blog :) just glad you posted!

Plus, I am so proud of Liz too. Our family loves her and we watched this up in idaho on tv! Our whole family was so into the game everyone yelling and cheering! haha. Such a great win!

I love your family and i love all the family pictures above!